Self-care tips as a stay at home mom
This post may contain affiliate links.
When I first became a stay at home mom I didn’t feel like I deserved to have me time, which is totally insane! I work hard, I cook, clean, do laundry, grocery shop, take care of my little one and much more. I work my booty off and I deserve to have a break sometimes.
I’ve found some cost-efficient ways to relax and then sometimes spoil my self with something a little more pricey. Here are a few almost free things I do to relax.
free self-care activities (well free if you have the stuff already)
- read a book
- take a bubble bath with candles (bring that book with you)
- paint your nails and toenails
- cook a dinner you enjoy no matter if the others like it or not
- put on a face and hair mask
- enjoy a hot cup of coffee
- let your husband take the kids for the day
- enjoy a dessert and don’t share with your kiddos
- enjoy a glass of wine
- watch your favorite TV show
- drop the kiddos off with the grandparents
- ask your husband for a message
- Simple living as a stay at home mom
- 6 ways to save money as a stay at home mom
- Being a stay at home mom without going crazy
More expensive activities
- Receive a message. I get them a discounted price of Groupon.
- get a mani-pedi, another thing you can get at a discounted price on Groupon.
- get your haircut
- take yourself out to a nice meal
- get a new outfit, I love doing this at Macy’s their clothes are just so comfy.
- take a vacation with your family
- have a date night with your husband
- go out to lunch with your friend and enjoy a drink.
As a mother, you work all day, every day! you deserve a break every once in awhile without feeling guilty. You don’t have to spend a ton of money and time to feel pampered. Try to do one self-care act a week or try to do a little one every day. It will make you do better as a mother and wife if you’re not always burned out. so kick back and enjoy that glass of wine.