With my daughter I was so overwhelmed with all the baby things I thought I needed. Our small one bedroom apartment was filled to the brink with all the things I thought we needed. In reality we used only a few items when my daughter arrived. This time around I knew exacly what I needed for Mr. Finn and it make the whole process if getting ready simple. I also don’t have to worry about tripping over all the random baby stuff. Here’s my minimalist baby checklist.
Minimalist Baby Checklist
- mini crib, I pushed it up against my bed with out the rail so I could cosleep with Finn safely
- swaddle or sleep sack
- sheets for the crib
- a diaper changing station on my nightstand. This way I don’t have to leave the bed at all!
I plan to breast feed Finn so my list isn’t very long for feeding supplies. For formula fed though you really just need a few bottles you keep clean and formula. I never even used the bottle warmer I had for River.
- boppy pillow
- burp cloths
Diaper changing needs and hygiene
- diapers (of course)
- A changing pad came in handy for me but really you can change a baby anywhere
- a place to put dirty diapers
- diaper cream
- I don’t use a baby bath I just wash the babies with me
- I use natural shampoo and conditioner, so I don’t buy baby shampoos
- a couple baby towels and wash clothes, but really you can use what you already have
- a baby grooming kit comes in handy
- 6 Ways to Have a Natural Labor and Delivery
- Frugal Minimalist
- How to Survive the First Trimester with a Toddler
I had all most of these items already from when River was a baby. I used every single item for River, but may down size if Finn doesn’t like a certain item. Having a rocking chair to breast feed in during the day was always my happy place with River.
- pack n play if to take to grandparents house
- changing table
- rocking chair
- baby carrier
Clothing and blankets
I have wayyy to many of every item because my sister gave me my nephews old stuff, but really you only need a few of each item. River had so many clothes she never even wore because she had to many.
- a couple outfits
- footie pjs
- hats, mittens, and socks
- sleep sacks
You can probably go with even less stuff or may find you need certain items I didn’t list. Minimilisim is about making you life easier and simple, so do what is best for you and your new little human!